Windows Update has been failing to work consistently in recent weeks, leaving users either unable to update their software or having to download an older version of Windows.
This article offers solutions for what you can do if your computer is stuck on the “Windows Could Not Find New Updates” message.
Introduction: Windows 10 Could Not Find New Updates
When you are updating your computer, Windows 10 will automatically start checking for new updates. If it cannot find any, then it will notify you about that.
The problem with Windows Update is that sometimes it gives inaccurate information about the updates that are available to install. This happened to me when I updated my computer recently, but I was lucky because my computer had actually found an update during the process which fixed the issue for me.
Windows 10 has a great feature known as Windows Update which helps its users be up-to-date with the latest software available for their devices. However, sometimes Windows Update doesn’t seem to find updates even though there are new releases for them. This may be due to incorrect or outdated information provided by Microsoft or because of an error in how the software is installed on your computer.
10 Reasons Why Windows Cannot Find New Updates
Windows 10 update software cannot find new updates, causing the problem that Windows update fails to work. However, there are many ways to fix this problem which can be found in this article.
Finding updates for Windows 10 is the biggest headache for the PC users. You might have tried lots of methods but were unsuccessful in finding anything helpful on how to solve this error. Frustratingly enough, there are no definite solutions.
We have compiled a list of 10 reasons why Windows cannot find new updates and how you can fix them below:
– Check your PC’s firmware version first – If your PC’s firmware version is outdated it will not be able to install newer updates
– Download third party programs that are known to help with installing updates – Some people swear by using third party programs like CC
Ways to Fix Windows Could Not Install Updates on Your PC
If your computer is telling you that it cannot find the updates, there are a few quick steps you can take to fix this.
- Check Windows Updates for updates: Open the Start menu and search “Windows Update” in the search bar. Click on “Check for Updates” if it is not already selected. If you receive a message that says there are no updates available, then proceed to step 2.
- A clean installation: Remove all the apps and files from your PC and start over again with a clean installation of Windows 10 by downloading it from Microsoft’s website .
- Enable download and install: To re-enable download and install for Windows 10, open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Malware Protection (see below)
How to Reset Windows Update Settings in Safe Mode for a Resolution
This is for Windows 10 users who are having issues with their updates. This article will teach you how to reset your update settings in safe mode so that you can solve the issue.
When your Windows Update keeps crashing during its updates, it’s usually because there’s a conflict between one of the applications you have installed and the latest update. Sometimes, the issue might be with a specific application, in which case it would be best to uninstall it and reinstall a new version after performing a clean installation. But sometimes, the problem might also stem from some data not being deleted or deleted too late in Safe Mode when using certain utilities such as CCleaner.
Make sure that your drivers are up-to-date and restarted if necessary, before going into Safe Mode.